Sunday, November 6, 2011

Why I Chose This Area and The Cove at Celo Mountain - Guest Author, Pam Dobrowolski

Above: Pam and Dave in Michigan - Below: Pam and Dave enjoying the NC Blue Ridge and Celo property

Photos clockwise 1st 6 photos -The Dobrowolski estate home site - - Next 2 photosView from the top of Mt. Craig in Mt. Mitchell State Park.  We hiked 2 miles to the summit of Mt. Craig for this beautiful view, even had a few snow flakes join us.  3rd rowshort but steep hike from the village of Montreat to Lookout Point.  We hiked this trail twice since it was a beautiful hike through woods and then to the top of Lookout Mountain. Last 4 photos - Navitat Zip Line Canopy Tour - Awaiting Natahala rafting photo...

Pam shared these thoughts with me during a telephone conversation this week about what drew her to the North Carolina Blue Ridge Mountains and to the purchase of a beautiful, large estate home site within THE COVE AT CELO MOUNTAIN - a premier gated community in a sanctuary setting located between Asheville and Boone, North Carolina - just off the Blue Ridge Parkway.  


Last summer I came for a week to the Black Mountain area.  My daughter and her family had rented this home that looked like a castle at the top of a mountain and asked family to join her.  I had a 2-hour layover in the Asheville airport waiting for my daughter to pick me up, and so I started browsing the brochures.  The one for THE COVE AT CELO MOUNTAIN looked so intriguing and beautiful that I wanted to visit and see what it was all about, but I didn’t have a chance to visit that week.  When I got back to Michigan, I asked a friend of mine if she would like to go back to NC with me to visit.  We came in early August and stayed again in Black Mountain – this time in a cabin.

I called you, Katherine, and set an appointment time with Paul to visit THE COVE AT CELO MOUNTAIN between the historic towns of Burnsville and Spruce Pine. I loved the way the community seemed to nestle into the mountain.  The natural lay of the land was maintained, nature respected, and as many trees as possible preserved during construction using “limbing” rather than tree removal to provide views. I was so impressed with the way the development had been done – with the paved roads, the manicured miles of hiking trails, all the gathering places and parks – especially the main one with the large fireplace and fire pit, cooking area and seating area - the trout ponds, the children’s custom tree house and play area. I could just imagine the family gathering at night around that great fire place and fire pit at Greeter’s Park.  It was like having your own National Park – without all the people.  I knew I wanted my property at the top of the community – a large home site that would give me a beautiful view.  My lot has 160-degree panoramic views.  I want to see the Blue Ridge Mountains - that I have always loved – out of every window.

I am not sure of my building date.  I will complete only the first level at the beginning and take my time to complete the lower level.  I will make a gradual transition from Michigan and my work here to my Blue Ridge mountain home there for a few weeks out of the year until my final permanent move to Western North Carolina. Dave loved my property there also – thought the view was just beautiful.  He is very knowledgeable about architecture and construction, so it was a big help to have him there while I met on-site with Armin Wessel, the architect, about my house plans.

The Asheville magazines you sent me and that I also picked up are all so creative with ads and with events.  You could conceivably attend 3 or 4 major events every week and do a large range of things all over this area from sporting events to open-air plays, theater, craft shows, open studio tours and more.  I also love farm-to-table restaurants.  I like to eat close to the land, which you can do with all the small cafes around there and with the farm stands and markets all around where you can buy local, fresh produce – most of it organic.  Also the small towns are so much fun to visit; the creativity and talent there are amazing . Burnsville and Spruce Pine just struck me as friendly, warm communities of genuine people interested in what you have to say, in what your passions are, in getting you involved – like you did with me.

Asheville is also a big draw.  I love that you see all ages of people everywhere there – young adults, professionals, families, older people – all enjoying the sites, the restaurants, the galleries, the events. The diversity of people and of food is wonderful.  As you also said, we have never eaten in a restaurant in Asheville that was not excellent.

My great passion is being out in nature participating in outdoor activities.  I rarely sit down.  The area where THE COVE AT CELO MOUNTAIN is located is where all these mountain activities happen – whether you want to raft, hike, kayak, do canopy tours, fish, drive the Blue Ridge Parkway or other scenic routes, and on and on.

The Blue Ridge Mountains seem to gather around you and hold you in their arms – protect you.  It is just such a warm feeling!

Call 866-378-4769 for your own private showing.  Complimentary accommodations are available in November and December.


For photos of the ongoing construction of the Cottage at Celo (Christmas, 2011 projected completion!)




No comments:

Post a Comment